Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Great Protector


This post is more of a warning than anything.  My kids are my world.  I would do anything, and I do mean anything, to protect them.  You should feel the same way about your kids.



When they are hurting, I hurt.  Physically or emotionally.  Today was a hard day for them.  It's just drama really, but at the same time, it's the kind of drama that made me want to leave work early to come home and make everything alright.  Part of my problem though is that while I mean well, my lack of censorship or tact about certain things just leads to more trouble.  That didn't happen today thank goodness but I refuse to just by while my kids have bad days.



I see folks day in and day out who couldn't care less about their kids.  They try to get rid of them every chance they get.  They do things to intentionally put them in harms way.  It baffles me and frustrates me to no end.  I can't think of much worse in this world than a parent who cares nothing about their children.  But those folks are out there unfortunately. 

My kids are my world.  I'm a better man because of them and they are the main reason I do most of the stuff I do.  I want more for them than I ever had myself.  I know that they'll have bad days.  But I also know that on those bad days, I will be there with strong arms to squeeze them until everything is okay and a delicate hand to wipe away any tears before they can reach their cheeks. 

Do the same for your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment