Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fried Fish and Bribes

Well, it's Fish Fry week.  Whitney and I took the kids to the carnival last night and had a good time.  I bribed them with the promise to go back tomorrow night if they helped get the house clean.  Needless to say, it's as close to spotless as the 4 of us can get it.  I've lived in Paris for 24 years of the 32 years I've been on this planet and I have NEVER been to the fish tent.  I guess I should do that at some point but the thing is, I don't care for catfish.  Oh well.

Dad and I went fishing today but it turned out like many of our other fishing trips.  We unloaded the boat and then found out that something in the throttle mechanism was broken.  At first, we couldn't get it to go in gear at all and then when it did finally go into gear, it was stuck wide open.  So we just trolled around the marina.  Dad caught one and I had one hooked that got off before I got it to the boat.  It was fun just hanging out even though nothing else went right.  We couldn't even give away our minnows after we were done fishing, so dad just poured them out when we got home.  Next time, I'm treating him to 18 holes of golf.

I've been talking to an attorney in town about going to work with him in his office in Paris.  I'm hoping it is going to work out.   I'm never gonna learn anything sitting behind my desk at my current office.  I'm ready for something new and this is a great opportunity for me if all the pieces fall into place. 

I guess that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment