Friday, April 20, 2012

Much Ado about Nothing

--I started this blog back up thinking that I would write as much on it as I used to.  However, with the world of social media we have today (Twitter, Facebook, etc), there's not much that I have to say here that I don't say there.  I've kind of lost my zeal for politics recently simply because I have come to the conclusion that no matter what party they claim to represent, they are all just looking out for themselves in the long run.

--I've been job searching some this week but haven't had anything come up yet.  I have several prospects though that I'm hoping will work out.  If not, when I get my license and get sworn in, I'll take appointments out of juvenile court and try to do that and keep my job I've got right now.  Not sure how the State of Tennessee will feel about that but I honestly don't care.  If they don't like it, I know where the door is and am more than ready and willing to walk out of it at this point.

--As happy as I was to pass the bar, I think I am equally upset that several of my friends didn't.  But they will eventually, probably in July.  I'm hoping for them to anyway.

--I've been studying 4 years to be a lawyer and the truth of the matter is this:  The thought of actually getting to be a lawyer scares me to death.  That's part of the reason I don't want to just start out on my own.  Law school does a decent job of teaching you the law, but it does a horrible job of teaching you HOW to be a lawyer.  I know enough about how the criminal courts work to get by doing that, but I am as lost as can be when it comes to civil, juvenile and chancery court.  The only relief I have is that I talked to someone the other day who has been practicing for 4 years and he said he still feels like he doesn't have a clue as to what's going on.  And he has the reputation of being a good lawyer.

--My wife just got home from job #2.

--Tonight, my 10 year old informed me that the real words to to "Young and Wild and Free" aren't "So what we get drunk, so what we don't sleep.." but instead are "So what we get  drunk, so what we smoke weed..."  How did he know that and I didn't?  Thanks, I guess, goes to Youtube.  That's crazy to me though.

--Caser LOVES him some Star Wars.  Whether it's movies, video games, books or toys, if it's Star Wars, he's all about it.  Reminds me of Cade when he was little.  And he's the coolest little Star Wars nerd you'll ever meet. 

--I don't think someone can ever really learn what love is unless they have kids.  That may sound kind of harsh and maybe there's a better way to say it but it's too late and I'm too tired to come up with a way right now.  All I mean is that I love my kids more and more everyday.  When I think there is no way possible to love them any more, I wake up to a new day and it's like my heart has doubled in size to make room for the love I have for them.  And this happens every day.  It's like that too for my wife, but kids are different.  I guess I just can't explain it.

--I'm tired and think I'll go to bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment