Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Frustration

When my wife called me on April 13, overjoyed and in tears, I thought that things were finally going to be different.  No more late nights for her.  No more having to watch the bank account to make sure we didn't overdraft.  Nice vacations.  We could buy or even better, build, our own house.

That was a month ago.  So far, nothing has changed.  Well, that's not true.  I have now spent even more hundreds of dollars getting licensed and joining various organizations that are essential for young lawyers to join.  So I am worse off now than I was a month ago. 

I have talked to 6 or 7 different people about jobs but so far nothing has panned out.  Whit and I were watching the news the other night and they were talking about how all of these School of Pharmacy graduates were not able to find work.  I can understand their frustration.  I would have never thought that after 4 years of law school and passing the bar the first time out that a month later I'd still be "unemployed" as a lawyer. 

I don't know if this is God's way of teaching me patience or what, but I hope soon He decides to teach me a lesson in starting a new job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment