Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Making Memories


As I said in an earlier post, I had a good lunch yesterday with some old friends.  One of them stated that he had started a journal for his children and was trying to decide when the appropriate time to give it to them would be.  He had decided that when they have children of their own is best.  That way they will appreciate the journal even more.  Hopefully, it will help them understand what was going on "behind the scenes" at the time and what was going through mom and dad's minds when they made some decisions or something happened.

I liked the idea so much that I went to Walmart tonight and bought 3 journals for my kids.  I'm not going to write in them every day, but hopefully will put something in them every month or so and anytime there is a significant event in their life.  Why not do it online?  I think it would have more meaning when they get older if they can read it in my handwriting.  It would be as if I was right there with them telling them the story instead of them reading it.  It will be interesting to see how many of them I fill up for each child.  But I look forward to writing in them and then going back myself to look and see what was going on at that point in their lives. 

I hope they will appreciate it some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment