Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Winds of Change

Well, my days at BOPP are winding down.  On June 1, I officially become an Associate Attorney at the Law Office of Shon D. Johnson.  I'm ready to get started, but at the same time scared to death.  I have always had a job where I was guaranteed a salary and could budget based on what I was guaranteed to be paid.  It won't be like this from now on.  I am getting a small salary and then a percentage of the work I do for the firm, but it's not the same.  I can only trust that this is what I'm supposed to be doing and that it will all work out and we'll be fine.

Whitney dislocated her knee this past weekend while we were in Louisville.  She simply took a step and her knee popped out of it's socket.  You could see the pain and torment on her face and I felt completely helpless sitting there with her.  All I could tell her was that it was going to be okay once we got her to the hospital, but I know that was no comfort at all.  She saw the doctor on Tuesday about it and he told her that she basically has a genetic deformity that makes it easy for this to happen to her again.  They put a brace on it but she is terrified that it is going to happen again. 

Summer break has started here.  The kids are enjoying it I guess.  We went swimming today for about an hour and a half at Uncle James' house.  It's nice to have relatives that will let you use their stuff whenever you want; especially when that stuff is a swimming pool.  The Veazey's have one too so we'll be making numerous trips to both this summer. 

I guess that's all for now.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment